- 1 Can I take my wedding dress on the plane?
- 2 How do you fly with a wedding suit?
- 3 Can I take my wedding dress as hand luggage?
- 4 Does wedding dress count as a carry-on?
- 5 Can you check a garment bag on a plane?
- 6 How do you transport a wedding dress in a car?
- 7 How do you fly with a formal dress?
- 8 How do you pack for a destination wedding?
- 9 How do you pack a nice dress in a suitcase?
- 10 Can you fold a wedding dress?
- 11 How do you fly with a garment bag?
Can I take my wedding dress on the plane?
Yes – you can carry your wedding dress as hand luggage, however this will count as your 1 item of hand luggage. This means it needs to meet the hand luggage size and weight limits. You’ll need to put it in the overhead locker during the flight.
How do you fly with a wedding suit?
Most airlines allow you to travel with soft-sided garment bags so you can store your suit or dress. This will likely count as your carry-on, but you probably already prepared to pay a bit extra for more baggage. That said, we do not recommend checking your wedding attire.
Can I take my wedding dress as hand luggage?
You can take your wedding dress, morning suit or bridesmaid dress as part of your hand baggage as long as it does not exceed your hand baggage allowance (i.e. number, size and weight of bags).
Does wedding dress count as a carry-on?
Can you bring your wedding dress as a carry-on? Sure. It counts as your personal item or your carry-on (most likely the latter, especially if your gown is particularly voluminous), as long as your garment bag is securely packed and meets all JetBlue baggage requirements.
Can you check a garment bag on a plane?
Soft-sided garment bags up to 51 inches / 130 cm (length + width + height) can also be taken as your carry-on item. FAA/TSA regulations allow each customer to take one (1) carry-on (garment bag, backpack, suitcase, pet carrier, etc.) and one (1) personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop, etc.) onboard the aircraft.
How do you transport a wedding dress in a car?
Drape the skirt over the back seat, keeping it as flat as possible to avoid wrinkling. If you have a car full of passengers (like your shopping crew) or luggage (like your honeymoon bag!) in the back seat and that isn’t an option, lay the dress flat in the trunk of the car.
How do you fly with a formal dress?
Hang dresses in a plastic dry-cleaning bag, then place the wrapped dress inside a hanging travel garment bag. Some airlines offer closets for hanging garment bags, which allows you to bring the dress with you as a carry-on item. Garment bags also result in fewer wrinkles even if you must check the bag.
How do you pack for a destination wedding?
All Guests (including Guests of Honor)
- Passport (if applicable)
- Travel information, including boarding passes and hotel reservations.
- Attire, accessories and shoes for all wedding events (rehearsal dinner, welcome party, luncheons, etc.)
- Wedding day attire.
- Sweater, light jacket, or wrap.
- Beach towel.
How do you pack a nice dress in a suitcase?
How to Properly Pack a Dress Ahead of Your Holiday Travels
- Before you pack…
- Grab a plastic dry cleaning bag or large tissue paper.
- Fold the dress.
- Pack your suitcase with other pieces to create a flat layer on which to lay the dress.
- Pack the dress last.
Can you fold a wedding dress?
Carefully fold the right and left sides of the bottom of your wedding dress towards the waistline, in the center. Once the left and right bottom sides are folded, start to slowly roll your train up, making sure the folds stay in place as you roll. Stop rolling when you can fit your train comfortably in the garment bag.
How do you fly with a garment bag?
Check with your airline about its carry-on luggage restrictions to find out whether you can bring a suit in a hanging bag onto the flight. If so, hang the suit and its accessories, such as a dress shirt and tie, in the bag. Most hanging bags fold in half, making them easier to stow in the plane’s overhead compartment.