- 1 How do you plan a wedding in Hawaii?
- 2 Can you get married in Hawaii without being a resident?
- 3 How hard is it to get married in Hawaii?
- 4 Which Hawaiian island is best to get married?
- 5 Where is the cheapest place to get married in Hawaii?
- 6 Is it expensive to get married in Hawaii?
- 7 How quickly can you get married in Hawaii?
- 8 What is the average cost of a wedding in Hawaii?
- 9 How long does it take to get a marriage license in Hawaii?
- 10 Can you just get married on the beach in Hawaii?
- 11 Can I get married on the beach in Hawaii?
- 12 What’s the best time to get married?
- 13 Do you need witnesses to get married in Hawaii?
- 14 Is Hawaii a good place to get married?
- 15 How do you elope in Hawaii?
How do you plan a wedding in Hawaii?
Here are a few keys steps to help you get started planning your special day and your destination wedding in Hawaii.
- Do some research. Find out more information on each island to decide which is the best one for your wedding.
- Decide on a budget.
- Plan for your party.
Can you get married in Hawaii without being a resident?
Determine If You’re Eligible to Marry in Hawaii You do not need to be a resident of Hawaii or a U.S. citizen to marry. No blood tests are needed. Both applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Applicants must present proof of age—Usually a state-issued I.D. or driver’s license.
How hard is it to get married in Hawaii?
Marriage License – Hawaii makes obtaining a marriage license incredibly easy. You can apply online from home. Once you arrive in Hawaii, you’ll both need to pick up your license at the Department of Health or with a licensing agent. The in-person process takes about 15 minutes.
Which Hawaiian island is best to get married?
Getting Married in Hawaii: Kauai is the Best Choice Having a Hawaii beach wedding is a wonderful experience.
Where is the cheapest place to get married in Hawaii?
In general, Oahu is frequently said to be the most affordable island for nuptials, and the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is a popular value wedding venue there.
Is it expensive to get married in Hawaii?
The average TOTAL cost of a BEACH Hawaii Destination Wedding comes out to $10,659, ranging from $8,295 – $23,995 (depending greatly on your reception choice). Average beach Ceremony ($3,200), plus simple beach Reception ($528), plus travel and accommodation ($6,931).
How quickly can you get married in Hawaii?
For any person to lawfully marry in the State of Hawaii, a license for that purpose must be obtained from an authorized agent (Section 572-1.7, Hawaii Revised Statutes). Once the license has been issued, there is no waiting period before the marriage can take place.
What is the average cost of a wedding in Hawaii?
The average cost for a Hawaii wedding in 2019 was $32,900 ($1,000 less than the national average of $33,900). On average, couples spent $26,800 on their ceremony and venue last year, making it the 17th most expensive place to get married.
How long does it take to get a marriage license in Hawaii?
After your wedding, it takes about 3 weeks for the license to be processed plus the time it takes for the certified copy to be mailed to you. The state actually quotes a delivery of the marriage license of 60-120 days after the marriage has been performed.
Can you just get married on the beach in Hawaii?
You’ll need a Hawaii beach permit (usually obtained from a Hawaii wedding planner), and sometimes also a photography permit (depending on the beach location chosen). It is illegal to get married on a Hawaii beach without a permit and you could get fined.
Can I get married on the beach in Hawaii?
Like all the Hawaiian Islands, Oahu requires a permit from the State of Hawaii to marry on a beach. We can apply for and pick up the permit for your event. At the time of writing, a Hawaii beach wedding or vow renewal permit costs $50.
What’s the best time to get married?
The most popular months to get married are June, September, and October and it’s no surprise why — the weather is absolutely beautiful in early summer and fall. In general, you can plan for weather based on past records and standards, but always remember to continue to track it throughout your planning process as well.
Do you need witnesses to get married in Hawaii?
A marriage in Hawaii is legally recognized all over the globe*, and the only thing a happy couple needs is a marriage license. A witness is not required, so eloping in Hawaii couldn’t be easier!
Is Hawaii a good place to get married?
When to Get Married in Hawaii “Because of the beautiful weather and the tendency for Waikiki to be drier than the mountains and valleys, we’re a great location year-round. But to be on the safe side, we always have a backup space on hold.” You can be married all year on the sunny side of each of the larger islands.
How do you elope in Hawaii?
Here’s what you need to elope in Hawaii:
- A marriage license – You apply online and pick up your license together (bring a government-issued ID). No witnesses required. No blood tests required.
- A registered marriage performer (officiant, pastor, celebrant, etc.) to perform your ceremony and file the license.