- 1 What games do you play at a wedding?
- 2 What are fun wedding games?
- 3 How can I make my wedding reception fun?
- 4 What do you do at a wedding instead of dancing?
- 5 How do you keep guests entertained at your wedding photos?
- 6 How can I make my wedding unique and unforgettable?
- 7 How do you entertain wedding guests between ceremony and reception?
- 8 How do I make my wedding not boring?
- 9 What wedding guests care about?
- 10 What order should a wedding reception go?
- 11 How do you get guests to mingle at a wedding?
- 12 How long is a reception wedding?
- 13 How do you entertain kids at a wedding?
What games do you play at a wedding?
Wedding Reception Lawn Games
- Jenga. Who doesn’t love the classic block-stacking game Jenga?
- Connect Four. An oversized version of this classic game is sure to garner attention from adults and kids alike.
- Ring Toss.
- Corn Hole.
- Bocce Ball.
- Giant Dice.
What are fun wedding games?
Games could include ring toss, horseshoes, giant Jenga, sack races/3-legged races, or even a pickup football game! 3. Board games: If you and your spouse would rather host a games night instead of a dance party, don’t be afraid to put out a few of your favourite board games and decks of cards for your guests to enjoy.
How can I make my wedding reception fun?
10 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR WEDDING RECEPTION FUN
- Jazz up your first dance. Any old couple can attempt a shuffle and a half-decent slow dance, so why not stand out from the crowd and wow your guests with a surprise performance?
- Keep the speeches short and sweet.
- Do a welcome dinner.
- Add surprises.
- Choose your DJ carefully.
What do you do at a wedding instead of dancing?
11 Unique Wedding Reception Ideas That Don’t Involve Dancing
- Challenge Guests to a Game.
- Ask an Artist to Paint the Room.
- Have Fun in a Photo Booth—or Two.
- Print Your Face on a Cocktail.
- Guide Guests Through a Wine or Spirits Tasting.
- Offer a Build-Your-Own Cocktail Bar.
- Set Up a Portrait Studio.
How do you keep guests entertained at your wedding photos?
“Go beyond the quintessential corn hole and do a series of lawn games so more guests can participate,” she says. “We suggest Bocce Ball, Giant Jenga, or [create] a customized crossword puzzle about [you and your future spouse].”
How can I make my wedding unique and unforgettable?
5 Ways to Make Your Wedding More Memorable
- ENCOURAGE PRE-CEREMONY MINGLING.
- WEDDING FAVORS YOUR GUESTS WILL ACTUALLY USE.
- SPICE UP THE GUEST BOOK.
- CONSIDER A UNIQUE VENUE.
- SURPRISE YOUR GUESTS AT THE RECEPTION.
How do you entertain wedding guests between ceremony and reception?
Three Fun Ways to Entertain Guests Between Your Ceremony and Reception
- Food. Food is number one on the list for a reason.
- Live Music. Now that your guest’s have a small plate of snacks and a drink in their hands, the perfect segue for them is to gather ’round sit back and relax while they get entertained.
How do I make my wedding not boring?
11 Ways to Make Sure Your Wedding Isn’t Boring
- Make introductions at the rehearsal. READ MORE.
- Stick to the schedule.
- Don’t let guests go hungry.
- Plan an exit strategy.
- Consider your venue.
- Work your seating chart.
- Put a time limit on toasts.
- Bring in the entertainment.
What wedding guests care about?
9 things wedding guests actually care about that are worth spending money on
- The bar. Your browser does not support the video element.
- The food. Rawpixel.com / unsplash.
- Being invited to both the ceremony and reception. Matthew Essman / unsplash.
- A seating chart.
- Being greeted by the newlyweds.
- The weather.
- The terrain.
What order should a wedding reception go?
Wedding Reception Order of Events
- Cocktail Hour. After the ceremony, the couple, their families, and wedding party head off with the photographer to pose for pictures.
- First Dance.
- Bouquets & Garter Tosses.
- Cake Cutting.
How do you get guests to mingle at a wedding?
Here are eight ways to get guests to connect:
- Don’t assign sides at the ceremony.
- Pre-ceremony cocktail hour.
- Provide lawn games.
- Have escort cards and place cards.
- Serve a family-style dinner.
- Ask the DJ to play music for all ages.
- Create a lounge area.
- Host an after-party or morning-after brunch.
How long is a reception wedding?
Your typical wedding reception runs about 4-5 hours —plenty of time for cocktails, dinner, toasts and, of course, dancing! Follow this foolproof wedding reception timeline to ensure a smooth, fun-filled evening of celebration for you and your guests.
How do you entertain kids at a wedding?
How to Keep Kids Entertained—and Well Behaved—at Your Wedding
- Give Them Treats (or Treats to Look Forward to)
- Hire Professional Childcare.
- Provide Coloring and Writing Tools.
- Get an Entertainer.
- Set Up a Game Room.
- Create a Craft Room.
- Stagger the Meals.
- Prepare Kid-Friendly Music.